Friday 21 November 2014

UCLan SENS graduate aims for the top

Sports Science graduate Lewis Seville has secured a role with one of the top names in British and European Motorsport.

After leaving UCLan with a First Class Honours degree, Lewis has now taken his first step onto the career ladder after being appointed as a Data Analysis Engineer for AIM Motorsport.

AIM has been a formidable force for many years, competing in Karting, Superbikes, Formula Cars and Power Boats.

Lewis will work with AIM's International Kart Racing Team, with the principal role of processing information from data acquisition products fitted to the Karts to identify areas each driver can improve on in order to gain a faster lap time. He will also assist with the general logistics of the race team by helping prepare equipment for the next race.

He commented: "With this job I'm able to combine my passion for motorsport with my interest in Data Analysis learned through my Sports Science degree.

"I thoroughly enjoyed my time at UCLan. I was able to gain invaluable practical experience within the real world which has enabled me to develop my skills and expertise, allowing me to progress into a career I love with the dream of working within Formula 1 – perhaps with McLaren.

"The staff at UCLan could not have been any more helpful and supportive of me, and I honestly believe they were a significant factor in getting me to where I am now."

No comments:

Post a Comment